Brave adventures via miniatures

Brave adventures via miniatures

Monday, January 11, 2010

Introductions, about the name, and plans

Miniatures Motivation:

This is a hobby based blog about painting, collecting, and gaming with miniatures. I've been living vicariously through the dozens (hundreds? thousands?!) of gaming blogs and forums I follow on a regular basis. These include hobby based forums, wargame groups, photo sites, and blogs.

Miniatures: The wonderful figures, made of lead, pewter or plastic, that I keep buying and rarely paint.

Motivation: The hope that I can move from behind a computer screen to in front of the hobby desk.

A view from the bottom of the mountain: The pile of lead is tall, and fraught with danger. Will I be able to focus long enough to get something done?

Areas of interest: I love GW (please don't boo me now!) and especially 40K. There are lots of problems with the company, which have been discussed ad ad nauseam on other web sites, but I'm still a fan. I enjoy and collect 40K, and I think that Mordheim and LOTR are two of the finest games available. I also wargame and collect colonial, generic fantasy (huge REH fan), and vietnam miniatures.

Thanks for looking if you did, I hope this is a motivator for me, and maybe someone else will start to tackle their own lead mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment